Dear Valued Patients:
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to beginning our new normal.
While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety. Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice, and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep our patients and team safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You will see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and team members. For example:
- Personalized arrival procedures to guide you from your car directly to treatment rooms to eliminate contacting surfaces. When you park, please call 612-866-2233 and our front desk team will help you with your next steps.
- When you arrive to our clinic, we will ask a set of health-related questions. It is required that we complete this questionnaire prior to your appointment.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office.
- You will see that our reception area no longer offers refreshments, magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- We will also be wearing additional Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and will be placing our mask on before entering the treatment room. We are sorry we won’t be able to greet you with a smile!
- We kindly ask our patients and visitors to arrive wearing a face mask.
To protect our patients and team, Ethos Dental is following the highest health and safety standards set by the CDC regarding COVID-19. As a result there will be COVID PROTOCOL fee of $15.00 that will be itemized out on your bill or insurance claim at the time of your visit. We appreciate your understanding.
On May 18, 2020, our clinic reopened in a phased manner. We have started to contact patients to schedule or reschedule their appointments. We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, friends and neighbors.
Drs. Jeffrey O’Neil and Megan Beuckens
Updated July 1, 2020